The Box MY wheels mallorca Experience
bike camps 2016
This is all about giving your training that extra boost. You might be preparing for a big event in the coming season, have an urge to take your training to new heights or just want something to look forward too after long months of winter training in the UK. If the idea of cycling, running and swimming with the sun on your back appeals, Box my Wheels has found the perfect place for you. Our tri camps will be held at a four star sports hotel on the bay of Can Picafort, on the beautiful northern coast of Mallorca, between February and April 2016.
What you can expect:
- A flexible training programme to help you achieve your objectives. We cater for everybody from beginners to seasoned athletes.
- Guided bike rides with experienced coaches showing you the island and the fantastic mountains of Tramuntana.
- A secure on-site bike garage and mechanic. Quality bike hire available for those not Boxing their own Wheels!
- 25m outdoor pool with 4 lanes. Individual swim analysis.
- Running sessions to improve technique, endurance and speed
- Transition training.
- Comfortable, clean and spacious twin rooms.
- Half board catering. Buffet style breakfast and evening meals with calorie, fat and protein content all labelled, pasta party for athletes 5pm each day; bike pack of energy snacks for riders.
- Hotel gym free of charge & free entrance for the Hotel Spa (subject to availability).
- Organised pick-up from and to the airport at Palma, including bikes (takes approximately hour away).
We have teamed up with fellow Triathlon England Level 2 coach and head coach of Brighton Tri club, Mike Porteous (click here to see coaches profiles). The camps are a joint venture between Box my Wheels with one of the top coaching companies on the South coast, Zig Zag Alive.
Our base is the lovely Ferrer Janeiro Spa and Hotel. This is a hotel that really understands what athletes need and as well as being ideal for our tri camp activities they have in addition more than 30 different sports classes a week, such as Yoga, Pilates and Spinning.
This comprehensive package is underpinned by high quality coaching support, including a carefully prepared schedule for the week. This will be built around analysis and small group swim technique sessions to make step improvements in your swimming; small group rides to suit your level of ability, taste for the big climbs and tips on basic bike technique and bike fit as needed. In addition we will provide guidance to help you plan your coming race season, and expert led workshops on other aspects of triathlon training and race preparation.
Most days will include a pool session or run in the morning before saddling up and heading for the hills. There will be an option of a run in the early evening. There will always be a recovery day with lighter sessions as an option. Toward the end of the week our plan is to include a bike to run brick session.
Our Tri camps focus on three key aspects:
- Getting out to enjoy the wonderful cycling to be experienced on the island. You will be able to get in some big rides and climbs, with the distances, speeds and number of cafe stops designed to suit your ability.
- Paying close attention to swim technique and style in the early part of the week. This enables us to identify and start addressing any areas for improvement quickly, working these into daily swim sessions for the remainder of the week.
- Giving you lots of opportunities to discuss and share experiences with others and getting expert guidance on preparing for your coming season.
Prices and Dates
Inclusive prices are between £550-640 per person for 7 nights - see [here] for more detail and information on early booking discounts, what's included and any extras.
All tri camps run Saturday to Saturday, the price covers airport transfers, accommodation, catering as specified and the tri camp activities. You will need to buy and organize your own flights and arrange transportation of your bike (but we know some very good people in that line of work!)
20 February to 27 February
27 February to 5 March
5 March to 12 March -BLOCK BOOKED FOR BRIGHTON TRI CLUB
2 April to 9 April
16 April to 23 April
How to book or find out more:
Phone: 07917 769123
Or go to Booking Form, click on button below:
- Early booking discounts.
- Group booking discounts +12
- Please contact us for a quote booked for any other requests for example shorter stays or 3 sharing a room.
- Please note flights are not included.
- Please contact us for rates if families/non-athletes will be accompanying you.